Dr. Sean Mooring
Dr. Sean Mooring received both his undergraduate and Doctor of Dental Surgery degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Dr Mooring, a native North Carolinian, met his wife Shannon in Chapel Hill, and they have two sons, Grant and Andrew. The Moorings are residents of Clayton where they are active in the community. Dr. Mooring coaches soccer in the Johnston United Soccer Association and he is currently serving as Scout Master for Boy Scout Troop 124.
His professional affiliations include: American Dental Association (ADA), North Carolina Dental Society, Academy of General Dentistry, Spear Faculty Club, L.D. Pankey Alumni Association, Woehler Research Group, and the International Congress of Oral Implantology.
Dr. Ray Mooring
Dr. Ray Mooring received both his undergraduate and Doctor of Dental Surgery degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
He and his wife, Alma, have been married since 1966. They live in the Nahunta community of northern Wayne County within miles of where each were born. They have three adult children and four wonderful grandchildren.
After graduating from the UNC School of Dentistry in 1969, Dr. Mooring established a general dentistry practiced in Mount Olive. He maintained a successful full-time practice for nearly 40 years. Dr. Mooring sold the Mount Olive practice in 2008 and began the next phase of his career in Clayton.
His professional affiliations and awards include:
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of North Carolina Dental Society
- Member and former president of Wayne County Dental Society
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of the Woehler Dental Research Group
- Member of the Monte Miska Dental Study Group
- Lifetime member of the Fauchuard Dental Academy
- Inaugural Recipient of the Pearson Award for Community Service in Dentistry presented by the North Carolina Dental Society.
- Award was given for Dr. Mooring's contribution and efforts for the sealant program Seal the State in 1998.
- Member and former president of the Mount Olive Rotary Club.